Friday, July 16, 2010

Epergne Heirloom

When my sister came to visit us last week she brought me the most wonderful surprise.  In her car was a box from my Mother's house.  It was just a plain old packing box, but it had the best contents!  It was my Mother's silver epergne.  I can still remember the day my Dad brought it home from the Jewelry Box, which was located in downtown Lexington, Ky.  It was part of an estate that was purchased by the store.  They always had the most interesting pieces of silver and great jewelry too.

So now it sits on my countertop until I can fit the perfect spot for it in my home.  Where do you think I should put this antique in my home?




The hydrangeas are from my courtyard garden at the store. 

I'm participating in My Romantic Home's "Show and Tell Friday".  Be sure and check out this
fun blog party!

  

We are also joining the blog party at Bargain Hunting with Laurie, "A Few of My Favorite Things Saturday"!


And be sure and check out the Dipity Road blog party "Welcome to Friday- Finding Beauty", where we have a link.

We found another fun blog party too......Happy to Design's Sunday Favorites!

14 comments:

  1. That certainly is romantic and so lovely - your mother had wonderful taste and I'm glad you have it. The flowers are beautiful too.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful, especially with the hydrangeas. Put it someplace you can see it everyday so it can make you smile. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved Epergnes even though I don't have any- This one is just gorgeous!! The milk glass ones are so neat too with the individual horns. I am still on the look out for one!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of an epergne! It's beautiful. I have a request...would you please tell me more about the Woodstock Market? Is this anything like the LAKEWOOD antique market that used to be in Atlanta? We used to go there and I was devastated when it closed several yrs. ago. I'm a GA gal too! You can post on my blog or email me at
    cherischatter@yahoo.com Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne.....Hope your having a good weekend...This piece is beautiful and then you added the hydrangeas and made it even more beautiful....I'm sure you will just the perfect spot in your home for it....Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful epergne. I have a similar one, but not nearly as elegant looking. I love the curvy edges on the holders on yours. Your hydrangeas look beautiful in it. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty for Favorite Things Sat. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just about the most elegant setting I have ever seen! I love your post ~ it is overflowing with beauty! ~ Blessings ~ Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved your mother's item. didn't know the name for it. learned something new have a good Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is so pretty! Very elegant and looks like it came out of an old english estate! You will find the perfect place for it after you live with it for awhile!
    The hydrangeas are beautiful, too. They are one of my favorite flowers.
    Thanks for stopping by, hope you'll come back again soon.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, that is so pretty! I'm sure you will find the perfect spot for it. I would definitely put it in a place where you will enjoy it often. Very beautiful. The hydrangeas are gorgeous! I just found you and became a follower. My little icon has disappeared so I will probably show up as a silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful piece! Your flowers work perfectly in there.

    Thanks so much for joining with us at Friday Finding beauty... sorry so late stopping by. Life kinda gets in the way some times. :)

    Hope to see you tomorrow.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful!! Come link up to my Centerpiece Wednesdays on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I just came across you blog at My Romantic Home, Love it!
    Everything is so pretty!
    I am signing up to be your newest follower!
    Have a good night!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!