Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!





Happy Valentine's Day all!  Today my boys took me out to MaryMac's Tea Room in Midtown Atlanta for brunch.  Wow, what a great time we had this afternoon!  There is nothing like some good old fashioned southern cooking.  We had some fried green tomatoes for our appetizer and then I enjoyed their meatloaf, with a side of carrot & raisin salad and a cheddar & pear salad.  And of course, I had to wash it down w/ the traditional drink.....a good ole southern mint julip!  They have some homemade cinnamon rolls that are out of this world too.  And their cornbread rolls are not too shabby either! 
If you are ever in Atlanta, this is a must-see on your list.  Here is their website: http://www.marymacs.com/

3 comments:

  1. Your Valentines lunch sounds lovely. I'll have to go there some time. Glad to find your great blog. Fun reading, Especially since we're neighbors. I am now your follower. I'm in Douglas County and blog a little about the old property we live on. I like to say it ain't for sissies. www.spitnglue.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn....this is one place that I have never been to lunch...I need to put it on my go to list....i just did a post about Woodstock and included your shop with a link to your blog...Hope this gets you some traffic....
    Sue @ Rue-Mouffetard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!